At least 15 farmers have been reportedly killed in a renewed attack on seven villages in Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau State.
The affected communities — Manden, Jibin, Tim, Jiblang, Koppang, Mihdihin, and Jilem in Chakfem district — came under siege late Tuesday night when armed men stormed the area.
Residents told Daily Trust that the attackers burnt down several houses and looted livestock belonging to villagers before fleeing. Many residents, including women and children, are said to have fled into surrounding bushes for safety.
A community leader, who spoke on condition of anonymity, described the incident as “devastating,” lamenting that the people had barely recovered from previous attacks when fresh violence erupted.
The Plateau State Police Command had yet to issue an official statement as of press time, but security sources confirmed that troops of Operation Safe Haven had been deployed to the affected communities to restore calm.
The attack adds to the growing insecurity in Plateau State, where recurring clashes between armed groups and farming communities have claimed hundreds of lives in recent months.




