AccessPost
SUBSCRIBE
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • World News
No Result
View All Result
AccessPost
No Result
View All Result
Home Sports

Captain Romero Could Be Banned For A Longer Period After Liverpool Red Card

by Access Post
25 December 2025
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0
Captain Romero Could Be Banned For A Longer Period After Liverpool Red Card

Cristian Romero’s dismissal left Spurs down to nine men as Xavi Simons had already been shown a red card for serious foul play in the first half.

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Cristian Romero could be hit with an extended suspension after England’s Football Association charged him with failing to leave the field and acting in an “aggressive” manner when he was sent off against Liverpool last Saturday.

The Tottenham Hotspur captain received a second yellow card for kicking out at Liverpool defender Ibrahima Konate before being ordered off the field by referee John Brooks during a 1-2 defeat.

Romero’s dismissal left Spurs down to nine men as Xavi Simons had already been shown a red card for serious foul play in the first half.

Argentina centre-back Romero had first been booked for dissent after complaining about a push by Hugo Ekitike when the forward scored Liverpool’s second goal.

Romero’s red card means he will serve a one-match ban, missing Sunday’s match away to London rival Crystal Palace.

Related News

Swedish Politician Uses ‘Spursy’ Tottenham As Warning For National Economy

Dele Returns To Tottenham! Free Agent Makes Special Appearance

Alonso Rejects Marseille Offer, Keeps Eyes On Potential Liverpool Opening

But he now faces additional punishment and a longer ban if found guilty. He has until January 2 to respond to Wednesday’s charge.

It’s alleged that he (Romero) acted in an improper manner by failing to promptly leave the field of play and/or behaving in a confrontational and/or aggressive manner towards the match referee after being sent off in the 93rd minute

Spurs travels to Brentford on New Year’s Day before hosting Sunderland on January 4 and visiting Bournemouth three days later.

“It’s alleged that he (Romero) acted in an improper manner by failing to promptly leave the field of play and/or behaving in a confrontational and/or aggressive manner towards the match referee after being sent off in the 93rd minute,” said an FA statement.

Romero went into the game on seven bookings in the Premier League this season, and Tottenham head coach Thomas Frank accused Brooks of failing in his duties by sending the defender off the field.

“There is a massive mistake by John on the pitch,” said Frank.

“Two hands on the back by Ekitike. I don’t understand how he didn’t see it. OK, luckily, we have VAR, so they will bail you out when you need it, which they didn’t. That was the second mistake.”

The Danish boss added, “I think if you go back to that (second Liverpool goal) and the referee did his job, then it would not have been a first yellow (for Romero). Is that fair to say?

“I have a player that is extremely passionate, and if you have a passionate player, then you need to go to the line sometimes.”

Defeat left Spurs a lowly 14th in the table and added to the growing pressure on Frank, who took charge after Ange Postecoglou was sacked in June.

Related Posts

Swedish Politician Uses ‘Spursy’ Tottenham As Warning For National Economy

Swedish Politician Uses ‘Spursy’ Tottenham As Warning For National Economy

20 February 2026
Dele Returns To Tottenham! Free Agent Makes Special Appearance

Dele Returns To Tottenham! Free Agent Makes Special Appearance

20 February 2026
Alonso Rejects Marseille Offer, Keeps Eyes On Potential Liverpool Opening

Alonso Rejects Marseille Offer, Keeps Eyes On Potential Liverpool Opening

20 February 2026
‘Choking Again’ – Morgan Calls Out Arsenal For Wolves Collapse

‘Choking Again’ – Morgan Calls Out Arsenal For Wolves Collapse

19 February 2026

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube Pinterest

About Us

We bring you the best Premium WordPress Themes that perfect for news, magazine, personal blog, etc. Check our landing page for details.

Learn more

Recent Stories

  • UI Law Graduate Earns First-Class Seven Years After Two US Visa Denials
  • Nigerian, Other Foreign Students Urged To Carry Immigration Documents As US Tightens Enforcement

Categories

  • Brand Content
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Top Story
  • World News

© 2025 Accesspost - is own by Accesspost Media & Investment Limited | Premium Website Design by AspireWeb.ng.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • World News