U.S. President Donald Trump has expressed strong anger over what he describes as a Christian genocide in Nigeria, accusing the Nigerian government of failing to protect its Christian communities from extremist attacks.
Speaking on a conservative radio program on Friday—an interview later highlighted by Fox News—Trump said thousands of Christians were being “killed by the thousands” in Nigeria. He called the situation “a disgrace” and warned that the U.S. might take drastic action if things do not change.
Trump previously designated Nigeria as a Country of Particular Concern over the alleged genocide and had also threatened military action to stop the killings.
In his latest remarks, Trump hinted that the U.S. could cut off aid to Nigeria.
He said, “Nigeria is a disgrace. The whole thing is a disgrace. They’re killing people by the thousands. It’s a genocide, and I’m really angry about it. And we pay… we give a lot of subsidies to Nigeria. We’re going to end up stopping.”
Trump also repeated that he could take military action against Islamist militants in Nigeria if the Nigerian government does not “do more” to protect Christian communities.




