AccessPost
SUBSCRIBE
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • World News
No Result
View All Result
AccessPost
No Result
View All Result
Home Sports

Liverpool Have ‘Moved On’ From Salah Saga With Egypt Star away At AFCON

by Access Post
19 December 2025
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0
Liverpool Have ‘Moved On’ From Salah Saga With Egypt Star away At AFCON

Liverpool manager Arne Slot gestures on the touchline as forward Mohamed Salah warms up

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Arne Slot said Liverpool have “moved on” from the furore caused by Mohamed Salah’s explosive outburst at being dropped and are showing signs of growing into the side he wants to see.

The Reds begin what could be up to a month without Salah, who is representing Egypt at the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON), away at Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League on Saturday.

After a run of nine defeats in 12 games, Slot has steadied the ship in a five-game unbeaten run, during which Salah did not start a single game.

“Actions speak louder than words. We moved on,” Slot told reporters on Friday, referring to his decision to bring Salah on as a substitute in last week’s 2-0 victory over Brighton.

Salah said after the 3-3 draw at Leeds United – the third consecutive game for which he was benched – that he had been thrown under the bus for Liverpool’s woes this season. He was dropped from the squad that travelled to Inter Milan in the Reds next match. Subsequently, interest was shown from Saudi Arabia about bringing Salah to the Saudi Pro League.

Related News

Swedish Politician Uses ‘Spursy’ Tottenham As Warning For National Economy

Dele Returns To Tottenham! Free Agent Makes Special Appearance

Alonso Rejects Marseille Offer, Keeps Eyes On Potential Liverpool Opening

“Now he’s at the AFCON playing big games for himself and the country,” Slot continued. “All the focus for him is over there and there should not be any distraction of me saying anything because we moved on after the Leeds interview and he played against Brighton.”

Despite a difficult second season for Slot in England, Liverpool sit seventh in the Premier League and would move into the top four with a victory against struggling Spurs.

The English champions transformed their squad over the summer transfer window, spending nearly 450 million pounds ($602m) to bring in Alexander Isak, Florian Wirtz, Hugo Ekitike, Jeremie Frimpong and Milos Kerkez.

Apart from the impressive Ekitike, all the new signings have struggled, and Slot conceded he had been overly optimistic over how long it would take for his new-look squad to perform consistently.

“I think we are getting closer and closer to the team I want us to be and that has gone with ups and downs,” said the Dutchman.

“But for me, that makes complete sense because all the changes we’ve made during the summer, and we made them on purpose because we thought we needed to.

“If I’m completely honest, maybe I didn’t expect it to take maybe as long as it did, but, looking back on it, reflecting on it now, I think I’ve been too positive because if you go with a new group where not all of them are completely ready to play every single game, 90 minutes in this intensity, you have to adapt.

“Sometimes he can play, then he cannot play. So it takes maybe a bit of time, and we’ve been very unlucky.”

Joe Gomez and Cody Gakpo will miss the trip to Tottenham due to injury, but Slot is hopeful that Dominik Szoboszlai will be fit to start. Frimpong returns after a two-month absence.

Related Posts

Swedish Politician Uses ‘Spursy’ Tottenham As Warning For National Economy

Swedish Politician Uses ‘Spursy’ Tottenham As Warning For National Economy

20 February 2026
Dele Returns To Tottenham! Free Agent Makes Special Appearance

Dele Returns To Tottenham! Free Agent Makes Special Appearance

20 February 2026
Alonso Rejects Marseille Offer, Keeps Eyes On Potential Liverpool Opening

Alonso Rejects Marseille Offer, Keeps Eyes On Potential Liverpool Opening

20 February 2026
‘Choking Again’ – Morgan Calls Out Arsenal For Wolves Collapse

‘Choking Again’ – Morgan Calls Out Arsenal For Wolves Collapse

19 February 2026

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube Pinterest

About Us

We bring you the best Premium WordPress Themes that perfect for news, magazine, personal blog, etc. Check our landing page for details.

Learn more

Recent Stories

  • UI Law Graduate Earns First-Class Seven Years After Two US Visa Denials
  • Nigerian, Other Foreign Students Urged To Carry Immigration Documents As US Tightens Enforcement

Categories

  • Brand Content
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Top Story
  • World News

© 2025 Accesspost - is own by Accesspost Media & Investment Limited | Premium Website Design by AspireWeb.ng.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • World News