AccessPost
SUBSCRIBE
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • World News
No Result
View All Result
AccessPost
No Result
View All Result
Home Sports

1,000 Working-Class New Yorkers Attend The 2026 World Cup For $50

by Yusuf Demilola
21 May 2026
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
1,000 Working-Class New Yorkers Attend The 2026 World Cup For $50

FIFA

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

York’s Mayor Just Did What FIFA Didn’t Want — And Working-Class Fans Are the Winners. The governing body resisted for months, worried that one affordable ticket programme in New York would set a precedent every other host city would demand to follow.
They agreed anyway. And 1,000 working-class New Yorkers will attend the 2026 World Cup for $50.

The Deal
New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani announced Thursday that he had secured an agreement with FIFA and the New York/New Jersey host committee to make 1,000 tickets available at $50 each for World Cup matches at MetLife Stadium.

The seats cover five group stage games and two knockout fixtures. Free transportation to the stadium is included. Tickets are restricted to New York residents and cannot be resold or transferred — a direct response to the rampant scalping that has pushed World Cup ticket prices to levels most ordinary fans cannot afford.
The seats sit in MetLife Stadium’s upper tier, equivalent to FIFA’s Category 3 — the cheapest band the governing body has released for the tournament.

How It Happened
The deal did not come quickly or easily. Mamdani spent months in negotiations with FIFA and the host committee before an agreement was reached.
What helped seal it was an unlikely combination: a personal relationship between Mamdani and FIFA president Gianni Infantino, and a deliberate political decision by the mayor to avoid publicly criticising FIFA during the negotiation period — even though he had campaigned openly against the governing body’s dynamic pricing model.
It was a pragmatic compromise from a politician who understood that results matter more than rhetoric when communities are being priced out of the world’s biggest sporting event.

How New Yorkers Can Access the Tickets
Eligible residents can enter a daily lottery capped at 50,000 entries. Winning tickets will not be pre-distributed — they will be handed out at the boarding location on match day. The system is designed specifically to prevent scalpers from intercepting tickets before they reach genuine fans.

Related News

Ronaldo’s Tears To Triumph: Saudi Crown Secures His Legacy

England 2026 World Cup Squad: Palmer And Foden Dropped As Tuchel’s List Leaked

A Blond Buffalo Named After America’s President Is Drawing Bigger Crowds Than Most Politicians

Why This Matters
“A World Cup is coming to our backyard, and we want to ensure working-class New Yorkers have the opportunity to be part of it,” Mamdani said. “Today, 1,000 New Yorkers are going to get into those stands for $50 and a free bus ride.”
Alex Lasry, CEO of the NY/NJ Host Committee, called the mayor’s commitment “unwavering” and said ensuring affordability had been a priority from the beginning.
One thousand tickets is a small number against a tournament of this scale. But in a summer where FIFA’s pricing model has effectively excluded the fans who love football most, New York just proved that pushing back — patiently and strategically — can work.

Related Posts

Ronaldo’s Tears To Triumph: Saudi Crown Secures His Legacy

Ronaldo’s Tears To Triumph: Saudi Crown Secures His Legacy

21 May 2026
England 2026 World Cup Squad: Palmer And Foden Dropped As Tuchel’s List Leaked

England 2026 World Cup Squad: Palmer And Foden Dropped As Tuchel’s List Leaked

21 May 2026
A Blond Buffalo Named After America’s President Is Drawing Bigger Crowds Than Most Politicians

A Blond Buffalo Named After America’s President Is Drawing Bigger Crowds Than Most Politicians

21 May 2026
War On Iran Further Exacerbates Europe’s Economic Woes

War On Iran Further Exacerbates Europe’s Economic Woes

21 May 2026

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube Pinterest

About Us

We bring you the best Premium WordPress Themes that perfect for news, magazine, personal blog, etc. Check our landing page for details.

Learn more

Recent Stories

  • 1,000 Working-Class New Yorkers Attend The 2026 World Cup For $50
  • Ronaldo’s Tears To Triumph: Saudi Crown Secures His Legacy

Categories

  • Brand Content
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro News
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Top Story
  • World News

© 2025 Accesspost - is own by Accesspost Media & Investment Limited | Premium Website Design by AspireWeb.ng.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • World News