AccessPost
SUBSCRIBE
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • World News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • World News
No Result
View All Result
AccessPost
No Result
View All Result
Home Sports

Boxing Star Gervonta Davis Arrested On kidnapping Charges After Two-Week Manhunt

by Access Post
29 January 2026
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0
Boxing Star Gervonta Davis Arrested On kidnapping Charges After Two-Week Manhunt

Gervonta Davis has held world championships across three different weight classes since 2017. Photograph: Premier Boxing Champions

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Gervonta Davis, a three-division world champion and one of boxing’s biggest stars, was taken into custody in Miami on Wednesday, nearly two weeks after police issued an arrest warrant accusing the fighter of battery, false imprisonment and attempted kidnapping in connection with an alleged domestic violence incident last fall.

Miami Gardens police said Davis was apprehended following a multi-day surveillance operation conducted across three counties in coordination with the US Marshals Fugitive Task Force. Authorities said he was arrested without incident in Miami’s Design District and booked into the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center late Wednesday night.

According to police, the warrant stemmed from an alleged confrontation on 27 October at a strip club in Miami Gardens, where a woman who had previously been in a relationship with Davis was working as a VIP cocktail server. Investigators allege that Davis confronted the woman inside the club, forcibly took her into a back room and assaulted her before restraining her and escorting her outside.

A police report states that Davis allegedly grabbed the woman by her hair and throat while making a threatening remark, then led her to a parking area before releasing her. The woman later sought help from coworkers and contacted police. Officers documented visible injuries, including bruising to her arm, according to authorities.

The woman told investigators she first met Davis in 2022 and that the two were involved in an intimate relationship for several months in 2025. She said the relationship ended roughly a month before the alleged incident and that she had cut off communication with him.

Related News

Swedish Politician Uses ‘Spursy’ Tottenham As Warning For National Economy

Dele Returns To Tottenham! Free Agent Makes Special Appearance

Alonso Rejects Marseille Offer, Keeps Eyes On Potential Liverpool Opening

In addition to filing a police report, the woman initiated a civil lawsuit against Davis, alleging multiple counts including battery, false imprisonment and kidnapping. One of her attorneys said earlier this month that the findings of the police investigation mirrored the claims raised in the civil complaint.

“The investigation resulted in a judge signing off on an arrest warrant,” the attorney said in January. “That determination aligns with the allegations set out in the lawsuit.”

Court filings indicate that attorneys representing the woman told a judge they made repeated attempts to serve Davis with the civil complaint but were unable to locate him in the weeks following its filing.

At a news conference announcing the warrant on 14 January, Miami Gardens police characterized the case as a domestic violence incident and said detectives were actively working with federal authorities to locate Davis. Police declined to provide additional details Wednesday night, citing the ongoing legal process.

Davis, 31, had been training in Miami last fall for a high-profile bout with influencer Jake Paul scheduled for November at Kaseya Center. He was removed from the card shortly after the lawsuit became public and later replaced by Britain’s Anthony Joshua. His most recent appearance in the ring came in March, when he retained his World Boxing Association lightweight championship following a highly controversial draw with Lamont Roach Jr in Brooklyn.

But WBA president Gilberto Mendoza announced the sanctioning body had stripped Davis of the title over the weekend, citing both the pending legal case and the fighter’s inactivity. Davis has defended the title just twice in the past three years, most recently against Roach more than 10 months ago, and does not currently have a fight scheduled.

The arrest adds to a lengthy list of legal issues that have followed Davis throughout his career. He has faced multiple domestic violence-related allegations in Florida and elsewhere, several of which were later dropped. In 2023, Davis was sentenced in Maryland to three years of probation and a period of house arrest following a hit-and-run conviction in Baltimore.

It remains unclear whether the new charges in Florida could affect Davis’s probationary status in Maryland or the timeline of any future bouts. Jail and court records did not immediately indicate when he is expected to make his first court appearance in Miami-Dade County.

Miami Gardens police said the investigation remains active and declined to comment further.

Related Posts

Swedish Politician Uses ‘Spursy’ Tottenham As Warning For National Economy

Swedish Politician Uses ‘Spursy’ Tottenham As Warning For National Economy

20 February 2026
Dele Returns To Tottenham! Free Agent Makes Special Appearance

Dele Returns To Tottenham! Free Agent Makes Special Appearance

20 February 2026
Alonso Rejects Marseille Offer, Keeps Eyes On Potential Liverpool Opening

Alonso Rejects Marseille Offer, Keeps Eyes On Potential Liverpool Opening

20 February 2026
‘Choking Again’ – Morgan Calls Out Arsenal For Wolves Collapse

‘Choking Again’ – Morgan Calls Out Arsenal For Wolves Collapse

19 February 2026

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube Pinterest

About Us

We bring you the best Premium WordPress Themes that perfect for news, magazine, personal blog, etc. Check our landing page for details.

Learn more

Recent Stories

  • UI Law Graduate Earns First-Class Seven Years After Two US Visa Denials
  • Nigerian, Other Foreign Students Urged To Carry Immigration Documents As US Tightens Enforcement

Categories

  • Brand Content
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Top Story
  • World News

© 2025 Accesspost - is own by Accesspost Media & Investment Limited | Premium Website Design by AspireWeb.ng.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • World News